ALABANG, Muntinlupa City- Dr. Jaime Montoya, Executive Director of the Department of Science and Technology Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD), is the newly elected president of the Philippine Association for the Advancement of Science and Technology (PhilASST).
Other elected PhilASST officials are as follows:
- Dr. Reynaldo Ebora- Division A (Agricultural Sciences) Vice President
- Dr. Ester Ogena- Division B (Economics & Social Sciences) Vice President
- Dr. Eva de la Paz- Division C (Medical & Biological Sciences) Vice President
- Dr. Corazon Menguito- Division D (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics) Vice President
- Dr. Benjamin Austria- Division E (Geology and Earth Sciences) Vice President
- Dr. Alvin Culaba- Division F (Engineering & Industrial Sciences) Vice President
- Dr. Reynaldo de la Cruz- Division G (Environmental Sciences) Vice President
- Engr. Alex Sy- Division H (Information Technology) Vice President
New directors are Atty. Froilan Bagabaldo of the Philippine Pharmacists Association, Inc., Dr. Christina Binag of the University of Santo Tomas (UST), Dr. Diane Ignacio of the DOST Industrial Technology Development Institute (ITDI), Dr. Sonia de Leon of the Foundation for the Advancement of Food Science and Technology (FAFST), Engr. Edgar Garcia of the DOST Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI), and Ms. Luningning Samarita-Domingo of the DOST National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST).
The election was conducted during the 65th PhilASST annual convention last 22 to 23 September 2016 at Sequoia Ballroom, Acacia Hotel Manila. ■