Call for Research Proposals: AHEAD-HPSR Program
The Department of Health (DOH) and the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) is pleased to announce the first call for research proposals for the Advancing Health through Evidence-Assisted Decisions with Health Policy and Systems Research (AHEAD-HPSR) Program.
Interested institutions, organizations, and researchers are invited to submit a full proposal on any of the topics listed below.
2. A Situational Analysis on the Drug Shortages and Stock-outs in the Philippines: Causes, Frequency, Impact and Management Strategies.
3. Estimating Burden of Disease per Province in the Philippines.
4. Health Care Facilities Regulation Models: A Regulatory Impact Analysis.
5. Regulatory Impact Analysis on Regulating Oncology Health Facilities.
6. Determining Required Skill Mix to Deliver Primary Health Care Services: Phase 2 (Validation).
7. A study on the selection, procurement practices, pricing and management of medical devices and equipment of selected DOH Centers for Health Development and Government Hospitals.
- Detailed Proposal and Work Plan
The potential proponent shall prepare a detailed proposal using the prescribed DOST form that presents among others the following:
- Title of proposed project
- Information about the Project Leader
- Significance and objectives of the project
- Review of related literature (references to illustrate/describe the baseline data)
- Theoretical framework (key assumptions and critical areas in conceptualization stage)
- Methodology/strategies for implementation
- Expected Output
- Target beneficiaries
- Gender sensitivity/responsiveness (based on the harmonized gender and development guidelines)
- Personnel and financial requirement
- Duration of the program/project
- Work Plan or Gantt Chart of activities
- Curriculum vitae of Project Leader, and other Co-researchers/implementers
- Line Item Budget
- Potential Proponent/Project Leader shall submit the proposal duly endorsed by the Head of Agency/Institution.
- Potential Proponent/Project Leader with 2 or more on going researches may not need to participate.
- Written by Janine Trinidad